Webdunia - Bharat's app for daily news and videos

Install App

Biden rejects Trump plan to lift US travel bans

Webdunia
Tuesday, 19 January 2021 (14:47 IST)
US President Donald Trump on Monday rescinded entry bans imposed because of the coronavirus pandemic on most non-US citizens arriving from Brazil, the United Kingdom and all European Union countries. The new travel guidelines will come into effect as of January 26, the White House said in a statement.

The alleviation of the ban may not last long enough for it to be implemented, though. President-elect Joe Biden gave the notion short shrift.

His spokeswoman said the new administration, set to assume office on Wednesday, “does not intend to lift these restrictions.” Jen Psaki tweeted: “In fact, we plan to strengthen public health measures around international travel in order to further mitigate the spread of COVID-19.”

Last week, the head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention signed an order requiring nearly all air travellers to present a negative test result, or proof of recovery from the virus, to enter the US, starting on January 26.

Related Article

See All

Top News

Sr Hamas leader, 2 sons killed in Israeli drone strike in southern Lebanon (VIDEO)

PBKS vs RR: Comeback captains collide in super IPL clash

IPL 2025: Uphill task awaits Chennai Super Kings in a key face off with Delhi Capitals

Must Read

Landslides and mudslides: Can they be prevented?

Fungi are adapting to body heat — a 'doomsday scenario'

Could a Syrian war criminal be attending Paris Olympics?

Next Article
Show comments