Webdunia - Bharat's app for daily news and videos

Install App

39 Indians kidnapped in Iraq’s Mosul are dead: Sushma

Webdunia
Tuesday, 20 March 2018 (12:01 IST)
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on Tuesday told the Rajya Sabha that 39 Indians taken hostage by ISIS in 2015 in Iraq's Mosul are dead.Making a statement in the Upper House, she said, 'Last time when I made a statement in the House in July 2017, I said that I couldn't presume them dead till I get any proof".

'Today I have proof that Harjeet Masi's story that the Indians are alive was incorrect. The Indians are dead,' Ms Swaraj said. The minister confirmed that DNA tests conducted on 38 bodies exhumed under a mound have confirmed the identity of the dead, '70 per cent match was established for the 39th body,' she said.The government had earlier maintained that the kidnapped Indians could be alive.(UNI)

Related Article

See All

Top News

Sr Hamas leader, 2 sons killed in Israeli drone strike in southern Lebanon (VIDEO)

PBKS vs RR: Comeback captains collide in super IPL clash

IPL 2025: Uphill task awaits Chennai Super Kings in a key face off with Delhi Capitals

Must Read

Landslides and mudslides: Can they be prevented?

Fungi are adapting to body heat — a 'doomsday scenario'

Could a Syrian war criminal be attending Paris Olympics?

Next Article
Show comments