Webdunia - Bharat's app for daily news and videos

Install App

Select Your Language

Notifications

webdunia
webdunia
webdunia
webdunia
Advertiesment

BEWARE! Carbon monoxide from power generator kills 6 members of family in Maharashtra

webdunia
Tuesday, 13 July 2021 (17:31 IST)
Chandrapur/Nagpur: Six members of a family died of asphyxiation apparently caused by emission of carbon monoxide from a power generator at their home in Chandrapur of Maharashtra on Tuesday, a senior police official said.

According to the official, the members, who lost their lives included three minors.

The official further said that there was no power supply in some parts of Durgapur since Monday night due to rains and therefore a senior member of the family switched on the power generator kept at their home.

'Six of the family members got asphyxiated apparently due to carbon monoxide emitted by the power generator," the official said.

However, the exact cause of their death would be determined after autopsy.

The deceased have been identified as Ramesh Lashkare (44), Ajay Lashkare (20), Lakhan Lashkare (10), Krishna Lashkare (8), Pooja Lashkare (14) and Madhuri Lashkare (18).

Dasu Lashkare (40) survived and was undergoing treatment at a hospital, the official added. (UNI)

Share this Story:

Follow Webdunia Hindi

Next Article

COVID-19: PM Modi interacts with CMs of North-Eastern states over rising positivity rate